About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Now I Am Super Cool

Tonight we celebrated Christmas with my family. It was a great time with my siblings and their lovies. My dad said that he wanted to sing some songs before we dove into the presents. Now, that was not an odd request since we grew up singing like the Partridge family. Anyway, he asked my brother if he had brought his guitar over and my lil' bro said "yeah" and brought it out. I had not seen this new guitar. It was so cute. Now I know this will sound weird but it was blue. Well, after we sang some songs my brother walked over to me and said that it was mine. I thought he was kidding until the rest of my family started laughing and confirming his comment. I was shocked!!!! I have been wanting a guitar for years but had not been disciplined enough to save the money to buy one. So this was a majorly big deal. It looks vintage and if I had every guitar in the world to choose from I think it is the one I would have picked for myself. I LOVE IT!!!! Now, I just need to learn to play. So, I have to give many thanks to my parents and my mother-in-law for my super cool gift. And I can't believe they were all in on it and that everyone managed to keep their mouths closed for so long. I am impressed. As soon as I figure out how to retrieve pics from my new camera I will post some pics of the new addition to my family.
Of course, my brother had to play every song he ever learned on it tonight....you know...just in case we forgot that he is the "coolest".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting, I can't believe you are a real rock star, you go Ki-Ki. Love ya, Leigh Ann

Shell said...

What kind of Guitar??

PraiseJunky said...

It is a Dean guitar. I am still lovin it!