About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

My bed

So, after a week away from home, hubby and my bed I am once again enjoying all three. And before you go and think something off-colored, I mean that I am very glad to be sleeping in my bed. Over the course of the last week I have spent two nights driving in a SUV with 6 other people. And then spent 5 nights on a couch. So, my bed was looking pretty darn appealing when I arrived at home. And thank the Lord for a full nights sleep.

Christmas with my grandparents was wonderful. It was so great to see all of my Okie family. I truly have the best family ever. ( I know, I know, you think you do........but no, I do) The trip out there was not bad at all. The DVD player did its job so that was great. And the rest of us had a nice time. My children could not have been any better behaved last week if they tried. I don't think I have ever seen them that angelic EVER. Too bad they don' t do that at home....... but it did make the trip away from home so much easier.

We are celebrating Christmas with my side of the family this weekend. My brother and "sister" came over. It is so great to see them. They don't live that far away but visits are too far between. And on a side note....my boys are going to be rotten by the end of this month. My youngest had his birthday during the first week, so we had his birthday with presents, then we celebrated Christmas with my mom-in-law so they both had presents to open, then Christmas at my grandparents, so more presents, then this weekend with my family, you guessed it, more presents. Then my oldest's birthday this week. So more presents again. Poor planning on the part of hubby & me.

Well, I guess I should go sleep in my wonderful bed. So good-nite!!

1 comment:

Uncommon Blonde said...

I'm so glad the trip went well! I was hoping the boys would do well. Sounds like they are having a big month!