About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Man is it cold outside...

WOW!!! As I am writing this, the cold air is beginning to seep through our wood floors. It is making my feet cold. I think that is absurdity that we had 85 degree temperatures 4 days ago and that the low tonight is supposed to be 28 degrees. Anyone else think that is crazy? Of course I guess it just shows us that God has a sense of humor. You know, in case any of us were beginning to feel smug after not having any significant hurricanes this season, or huge wildfires, or massive ice storms. Speaking of ice storms, my family in Oklahoma have been living for the last week without electricity or heat since the huge ice storm hit there last weekend. Talk about bbbbbbrrrrrrrr! I am taking my little guys out there for Christmas. I am hitching a ride with my parents and sister and brother-in-law. I am not looking forward to that 16 hour drive with two little people. But maybe I should try to remain positive. At least my family doesn't live in California. I bought myself a Christmas present and told my husband that it was from him. After much thought I decided that I would go against everything I ever said about raising children......I bought a portable DVD player with 2 screens to put in the car. I always said that "I would never". Well, I did. And I feel great about it. Now, maybe the adults in the car will have some peace and quiet while my children are hypnotized by VeggieTales. It is amazing to me how your belief system regarding childrearing can evolve so rapidly after you have children of your own. And it also make you want to call every "bad" parent you ever criticized, whether aloud or internally, and apologize profously. How could I have known in my blissful ignorance that they were just trying to remain sane and keep their children safe? Believe me, a 16 hour car ride without something for them to watch just might put me over the edge of reasoning and therefore put them in danger. So, to all of you mommas out there. SORRY!!!! If I ever judged you. NOW I UNDERSTAND!!!! Peace?

We celebrated Christmas on Sunday with my mother-in-law. It was a very nice evening. My children received more toys, of course. But the thing I was most excited about was the digital camera she gave me. Now you have to understand, this is the first digital camera I have ever owned. Up until now I have only used cameras that used actual film. I know, I know, I am way behind the times. But I love pictures, and photo albums and most of the people that I know that use digital cameras have neither. So I resisted, alot. I liked the fact that I would take the picture and then be somewhat surprised at what was in the picture when I picked them up from the store. But now I will strive to take pictures and still have them printed off. I am sure that it is not fancy like Uncommon Blondes new camera but it is just right for me. Already I am having alot of fun with it.

And I would like to say to everyone out there.......MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I loved the little clip that Photochick posted about it. If you haven't seen it check it out. You may have to cut and paste because I am also as far behind in computer technolgy as I am in digital cameras. LOL
http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000005834.cfm

Anyway, good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea i get upset with myself becuase i never develop my pictures from my digital camera. i save them on the computer and there they sit.

Uncommon Blonde said...

Well I'm a little behind in my reading becauase I'm reading this 6days after you posted it but I hope the drive was bearable (kudos on the dvd player!!). I'm glad you broke down and bought it, you'll be happier and I promise your kids will not be even slightly damaged. I'm also glad you got a digital camera! I still print all of my photos and put in albums, just be careful to edit them. You'll take more pics because it's so easy and you'll find they won't fit into the albums! Next step is to try the Kodak Gallery albums where they print your dig pics directly onto the pages like coffee table books. They are awesome and easier to store!