About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Joys of Womanhood

So without getting a little too personal.........I hate that "time of the month".

Since having my two sons it has gotten worse. I truthfully think that I would rather be pregnant and deal with the weight gain, bloating, food cravings and all of the rest of the drama than to deal with the monthly reminder of the fact that I am a lady. It is not a subtle reminder either. Why can't we just wake up for 7 days in a row and feel pretty or feminine? Or look in the mirror and notice a glow that signifies health? Why does the glow have to be accompanied by hormonal surges that produce sweat? I realize that in the whole scheme of things without our lovely "friend" that children would be out of the question. But I propose another option. An option that would allow us to have our kids, feel beautiful and say goodbye to Uncle Red and Aunt Flo. Why can't they just figure out a way to keep us from having them after we are finished having children? And I don't mean a hysterectomy because that would throw us into a whole new set of problems, menopause. Something else.........someone out there must know how to do it but they are keeping quiet and are silently laughing at us women as we walk by hunched over with cramps, bloated, and bascically feeling sub-human. I feel like Mel Gibson in Braveheart right before he dies.......FREEDOM!!!!!!!! Give us freedom!!!!!! No more periods!!! There....I said it. Periods. I HATE PERIODS!!!!! The mood swings, the cramps, the irritability, the fact that I want to eat everything in sight, and the fact that I know that no matter how good I feel the week after it ends......its coming again and again and again.

And to make it worse.......men don't have to deal with it, so they really can't be sympathetic about it can they? If they try it just comes off as patronizing and that makes it even worse when you already feel like a slobbering, blubbering, bloated mess.

So, it seems to me that the only cure for this ailment that we all share is to take the week of our periods and go on a vacation. ALONE!!!!! No hubby, no kids, no smartie pants people that just look for ways to tick us off. Ok, maybe its just me that is already ticked off. Nonetheless, I need a break. Lets' pack a bag, buy a ticket, take off and say bon voyage to our meanest "friend".

Whoever decided to call it our "friend" anyway?

5 comments:

Mrs. Sofa said...

I'm with you...FREEDOM!
A vacation ALONE is exactly what we need and what we deserve for going through that aweful time. My worst part is the mood swings. If it wasn't for that mine wouldn't be so bad.

Shell said...

IUD!!
No period in 8months and I know I'm not preggo. It's The Best. I know you are thinking, wow that was a bit to much information! But hey you asked if someone had the secret.

Good luck. I hope you start to feel better soon

PraiseJunky said...

But would I need that if I already had my tubes tied?

T.M. said...

Hmm... my mom said hers got worse after her tubes were tied. She had endometrial ablation done last year and it's been lighter and less painful since. I don't know what the qualifications are to get something like that done.

I haven't gotten mine back since having Eric 6 months ago, one benefit of nursing and not having to be on bc since hubby's not here. I expect her anytime though, I got it when Estella was 7 months. Bleh.

S. Oliver said...

Sure you can get and IUD what would It hurt?