About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Is he 1 already?

Well, today my youngest son turned one years old. My oldest sang Happy Birthday to him no less than 20 times. It was precious. But as we spent the day together I had so many emotions surface. From happy to sad. I am so grateful and thankful to God for my two little boys. They are truly the sunshine in my life. Their zest for life and the fact that they do everything with all of their might inspires me to live my life differently. I was going through the birthday boys clothes and was packing up things that were too small. I came across the hat that the hospital put on him after he was born. It still smelled like him. That was when I lost it. I was happy that he is here in our family but sad that the last year has flown by so fast. I know that as a mom, my moments of temporary insanity have just begun and as odd as it seems I will try to be thankful for every one of them.

So I have decided to blog a bit about my mommy experiences.

1. there is no better feeling in the world than feeling your child nestled up close to you.
2. there is no better smell in the world than your child after their bath
3. I love the faces on my boys right after they wake up....priceless
4. I had no idea my heart could hold so much love
5. I must have been a very bored and boring person before my children arrived
6. I love to hear them laugh, especially when they are laughing together at each other
7. My favorite thing is to hear my oldest singing songs about and to God and to hear him throughout the day praying to Jesus regarding everyday things. He thanks God for his toys....his bed....his walls. And then there are the times that you hear him praying for a specific person. Sometimes its me and I think about how blessed I am to have a prayer warrior talking to our Heavenly Father on my behalf.
8. The other day I was having " a day" and my oldest came up to me and said he wanted to talk. This is how that conversation went:
Sweetie: Mom, I just want to talk to you.
Me:What do you want to talk about?
Sweetie: I just want to talk about you.
Me: Really? What about me?
Sweetie: I just want to tell you that I love and that I am proud of you.
I could have hit the floor. To hear my two year old encourage me blew me away.
9. I love to see my children in the arms of my husband. I don't think he fully realizes how important that is to our family but he is learning.
10. I love Sunday mornings when all of us are in one bed for a full hour before we have to get up. It is truly heaven on earth to me.

I love being a mommy!!! I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am truly blessed. So here is to another wonderful year!!!!

5 comments:

Mrs. Sofa said...

That is so sweet! Happy Birthday Pierce!
I have so many baby clothes I need to go through, but everytime I start I begin to cry.

Anonymous said...

so sweet. being a mommy is truly wonderful in so many ways!

Uncommon Blonde said...

Reading that was all I needed to start some tears. Read this and then read my post for today "Nothing is more important." I feel like my stress is so unimportant yet that doesn't make it go away. Sigh ...

Happy Birthday to the little one! Hope each birthday is as full of wonderful memories as this one was.

Anonymous said...

Please give him a birthday hug for me. He is so precious and I can't wait to see him on Sat.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that I got to help you guys celebrate his birthday this weekend. They are such sweet little boys. Estella has also told me "I'm so proud of you" before, it never occured to me that she probably really meant it and wasn't just copying. :)