About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, September 10, 2012

The Road to Graditude

I have decided to attempt once again to read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I have had the book for over a year and have begun reading it several times but always put it down when it began to step on my toes. I am determined to finish it this time. Perhaps I am ready at this point in my life to truly absorb the message and make some changes. So the first change I am making is that I want to begin each week on the blog with a list of at least 10 things for which I am grateful.

1.Jesus and the price He paid for my sins, shortcomings and failures
2.Grace
3.Mercy
4.Hubby & the knowledge that He is in love with the Lord
5.Our 2 beautiful sons
6. Knowing that both our sons have accepted Christ
7.Health & healing
8.Family
9.Music
10. God's Word, Bible

It is a start and I pray to continue to look around me and be intentional about my thankfulness of all that I see.  Ingratitude takes you down a familiar yet unsatisfying and lonely road. I don't want to travel that road any longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been avoiding this book myself. It sits on the shelf and looks at me and wonders why I ignore it. Hmmmmm. May the words and message bless you. Traci Gumpenberger