About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Drama Free

About a month ago the hubby and I decided to get out of debt and get caught up on our bills. Moving twice in a year gave our finances a bit of a sucker punch. But we are steadily climbing out of the pit. There are many lessons we are learning now that should have been learned a long time ago.....that is the funny things about growing up and maturing....if you don't learn the lesson the first time around, there will be one or more opportunities to finally pass the test.  (whether you want another chance or not). Anyway, we decided to disconnect our cell phones because we were just throwing huge chunks of cash right out the window. Especially since I can't use mine while at home....terrible service. I am sooooooo enjoying not paying that out each month. But it has had another surprise benefit. I had not realized how much pressure there is these days to be available to everyone at a moments notice. People are used to calling and texting and getting an immediate response. And if they don't, then they are automatically offended and wondering why you are avoiding them.....so much drama...too much for me. I have enjoyed being able to tell friends & family that we have a house number and leave it at that. If someone really wants to talk to me then they will call that number. If I am home, I will answer and if I am not home, then they can leave a message. If they are unwilling to do that then they probably didn't really want to talk to me anyways. I am getting so much more done and have been released from technology guilt. And if anyone ever came to my house they would notice that the house phone was dropped and no longer displays caller ID. So if I am available I answer, and if I am not, then I don't. It is nothing personal. I am just finally taking back my life. Now I can truly give my undivided attention to my children or anyone else that I am talking to without needing to text back a reply to a text I received.

Don't get me wrong, cell phones are great. I do not have anything against them. I am just enjoying my life at this time without them.

So that is my two cents today.

No comments: