About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Way



Hubby and I are actively looking for a church in our new hometown. And I must say it has been a bit more interesting than I was anticipating. I know that the Lord has a place for us to worship, serve and to fellowship with other believers. The thing that has gotten me a little confounded is that there are so many denominations in our Christian faith that it makes things harder than it needs to be.

When the disciples first started spreading the gospel to the towns, provinces, and nations after Jesus was resurrected I am sure that the emphasis was on the good news of salvation through the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Now we have churches that divide rather than unify with the differences that have emerged over the past 2,000 years. Some examples......salvation by faith or by baptism? Speaking in tongues or not? Eternal security or can you lose your salvation? Baptism by sprinkling or by immersion? I am so aggrivated right now. Can you tell? Perhaps I should settle down and just pray that the Lord will lead us where He wants us. I know what I believe but it saddens me to see so many believers putting energy into things that really don't make any difference in the end. Jesus is the only way. Belief that He is who He says He is and has done everything to offer me salvation is the only choice. Trusting in Him and walking daily to bring Him glory is what He desires. Leading unbelievers into His presence is His greatest delight. Let's get on with it.

No comments: