About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Church Search

Well we are now into the end of our first month in Kansas and if I am honest I must admit that adjusting has been tougher than I was anticipating. I thought I was prepared and had it under control since I grew up a PK (Pastors Kid) and we moved around as much as if I had been an Army brat. But that was almost 20 years ago. I have since developed comfort zones and set up house and have been married 11 years, had 2 children and have fallen into routines. I miss my house. And I think I am missing it more because it is still OUR house. It has not sold and we really need it to. So many other people in our great nation have the same problem so I know that we are unique in this situation. But it is so odd to know that I have a beautiful house sitting empty right now......and we have to keep paying the bills for it. But the Lord is providing and it is still ours and will be until He sells it for us.

Our new home (a rental...and that stresses me out to no end...haha) is nice and new and we are the first people to live in it. It has carpet and everyone knows how much I like to vaccuum so that makes me happy. We have a basement to hold all of our "stuff" that won't fit anywhere else and a garage. And let me tell you.....that is sooooo nice. But the thing I am most excited about is the closets I have in this house. All 3 bedrooms have nice size closets and I have 2 linen closets and a coat closet. Now that doesn't sound impressive to most but I have lived in 2 different houses in my married life. The first had 1 closet....1....that is it and it was tiny. The second had 2...a total of 2. So not much storage area....I had to use a dresser to house towels and sheets and such. So 6 closets is rocking my world right now.  I still think I may need to have a garage sale because I have found that we still have too much stuff.

So that bring me to the whole point of this blog....in a roundabout kind of way. We are in this awesome little town and we are trying to get settled in. The residents of Greensburg are so nice and kind and it has a really nice feel to it. And we are looking for a church to get involved in. There isn't a church in town like what we are used to. And that has been a kink. But hubby and I both feel like the Lord called us to Greensburg and that we need to be involved in the community and in this town. And the best way to do that is to serve in a church here. The closest church like what we are used to is over 40 miles away. We wouldn't be able to get involved like we would like to if we had to drive that far. Plus how would we be able to invite people to church and expect them to drive so far. So that leaves us with the churches in town. We have visited a couple and think we have settled on one. We are still praying but we have a peace right now. I was talking to my sister about it all. Because I do have concerns as there are some faith in practice issues that differ from our beliefs. But the most important point....Jesus and salvation are one in the same.  She was so encouraging and challenged me to look at things from a different perspective. So we are still praying and seeking the Lords will. I know He will be faithful to reveal it if we truly want to hear what He has to say. This whole experience has been stretching us so why shouldn't this stretch us too? God wants us to mature and to grow into the people He intended us to be all along. And growing is sometimes painful and uncomfortable but He is with us. He has always shown Himself faithful and so I will stand on that Truth and know that He has a plan.

One last thought.........did you know that we live in the windiest area of the country? Yesterday it was blowing so hard you could hardly stand up. And it isn't just an occasional gust. It blows all the time. If you close your eyes you can almost inagine that you are at the beach. Ah...the beach.....

1 comment:

Yatta said...

Well bless your for following the Lord's leading. I can relate to you on so many different levels in your post. I love to vacuum as well! But we opted for laminate wood in the main area of our house (which we rent, we have yet to own a home), carpets don't stand a chance with our kids. I was in the military and my first marriage was to a man in active Army. For me, I became so accustomed to moving, I actually don't like staying in one place too long. I have to grow accustomed to now being settled and that's a bit difficult for me. Ahh well... I enjoy your blog and I look forward to you discovering the joys of your new city. :)