About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, May 23, 2011

It's My Birthday.

Today is my birthday. I am now 32 years young. I have received so many texts, facebook comments and actual cards and phone calls that I feel a bit overwhelmed right now.

I am one of those people that tries to act like it is no big deal (you know, just in case nobody remembers and I have to deal with "those" feelings) but deep inside it is a big deal. It is a day to celebrate the life I have lived so far and to express thanks and to look forward to the days and years ahead.

Here I am in a new town without all my friends, except for my bestie, my sister. And I am wishing that we could go out and have a girls night. You know, one of those nights that you go to dinner and laugh until you cry and then maybe actually cry for other reasons, then realize that everyone is laughing at you. I want a night like that. I have always felt guilty for asking for things like that. Why? So I am putting it out there. I want a night to feel special and revel in the fact that it is about me for just a little while. I think I am worth that.

So, now I need to make some friends out here because I know all my sweet lovely ladies back home are not going to be driving out here to have a girls night, NO matter how awesome I am....haha

3 comments:

T.M. said...

I pray that you are blessed with new friends. For me personally, it took really stepping out of my comfort zone (talking to strangers!) and putting myself out there til I found the right sort of people I wanted to be friends with. :)

Anonymous said...

help is on the way

Kaylor said...

Happy Birthday again! Where in KS are you? If you are near KC I have friends I can intro you to! That is where I used to live!