About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Freedom

I have a new favorite song. Actually I would call it a heartsong right now. I feel so blessed to have heard it on a day that was not a great one for me. It is a couple years old apparently but I had not heard it until a couple weeks ago. It is in my mind and in my heart all the time. I truly want freedom. I do..I do..I do. 

And I want freedom for my family. Some of you may read my sister in laws blog http://www.fearfully-wonderfully.com/ and know about what they have been dealing with the past 4 years. But if you don't, you should check her blog out. She and my brother have been through multiple miscarriages at various stages of gestation and have had to learn to trust even when trusting means having your heart ripped out. I am blown away by what I have seen the Lord do in them and in those around them. They have the sweetest little boy, Isaak, who brings joy to whomever he meets. I know that he is a miracle and I know that God is lining up another and another and another. So I want freedom for Amick and Christy.

I want freedom for my parents. I haven't talked about it on here because I was trying to protect their privacy but they are now divorced and I feel liberty to share. My father is not walking in the fullness of Gods blessing and I see how many chains he has picked up and is carrying around and it breaks my heart. It still seems so surreal that my parents are no longer married. I want freedom for them both. I want freedom from fear, freedom from doubt, freedom from selfishness and pride.

I will blog more about it all soon. I am just overwhelmed today. It is my sister's birthday. Her name was Kailyn and she would be turning 25 today had she not passed on almost 15 years ago. My heart is aching for my mom today because she is having to face this day alone. My brother lives 3 hours away from her. My sister and I now live 20 hours away and my father has become a completely different person and is not there for her either. Please pray for my momma today. She needs it, as do we all. And we all need to be praying for the people affected by these terrible storms swirling around our country right now. In the midst of it all, God is still God and I have to remember that.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you

Fearfully. Wonderfully. said...

this post touched me today. It was like I could feel your heart through the words. Thank you for typing them out. For standing with us for our freedom, and for allowing your pain/prayers to be used for others to see freedom.

You are truly an inspiration.

Learning 4 Life said...

My heart aches for you as I read this. I understand so many of the emotions that you are facing. Some days are easy, others are incredibly difficult. But God is good and He does give us a "peace that passes all understanding". Hang in there! and I'll be praying for your family. Love you, girl!!!

Yatta said...

Thank you for your transparency. It is a blessing to see you still recognize that God is sovereign even in the midst of your trials. That is not always easy to do. I pray for freedom for you and your family in every area that you have requested. Whom the Son sets free, is free indeed!

Anonymous said...

loved the song...I will continue to pray for your family as I do daily.
Sisters in Christ,
Natalie

Anonymous said...

I love the song...I will continue to pray for your family.
Sisters in Christ,
Natalie

T.M. said...

Eric shares her birthday. I never forget her on that day because of that. Know that you and your family are in my heart especially on her birthday.