About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Out The Gate Strong

Today was the my first day as a "homeschool mom". We have always tried to create an atmosphere in our home that inspired learning. We LOVE to read and learn new things. And while I am not the most creative individual in the world, I can appreciate and implement the ideas of others. But this morning we had school at home. Now if this is not something you would like to read about, please feel free to skip the next few paragraphs. It won't bother me.

The morning went smoothly and it just felt "right". But more importantly than any feelings I had was the peace I had. I can tell that being one on one in a learning environment is going to stretch me a bit. I am in my element in front of a group of kids or adults. I don't get nervous usually. But one on one and I start freaking a little. Thankfully, my sweetie pie was understanding and "redirected" me when I started to stray....haha He has had just enough school to have developed routines and schedules and to appreciate order and organization. For that I am thankful. We tend to have fallen into more of a routine around here so that is good. My youngest son was well behaved all morning and even came in a few times curious and wanting to participate. That was my plan....make him curious and want to include himself. It will go alot smoother if he thinks it is his idea. Plus he just turned 4 so I am not stressing about him yet. He has already learned so much from his brother.

The weather didn't exactly cooperate for our first day of school and recess. It has been raining all day. But my star student decided that it would be a good time to have recess indoors and play with play doh. So we did.

God is good and is working in ways we can see and even more ways that we can't. I look forward to what He has in store. My husband is looking for a job. The time has come for him to leave where he has been for the past few years. God is providing and taking care of us. He always does. We are seeking and trusting in the Lord and what He wants to do in us, through us and for us. We have feelers out all over the country and have had some interest expressed. Please pray that God will reveal His next steps for us and that we will be obedient and strong in faith as we step out.

We have started having devotions as a family every morning and I cannot even begin to tell you how God is speaking to us. The confirmations He is leading us to in His Word are awe-inspiring. We are at a point that all we can lean on is our Heavenly Father and it feels surprisingly liberating. It is amazing how our perspectives and attitudes can change when we realize that we don't control anything really. We just have illusions of control. We have fear, pride and arrogance when we try to do it all ourselves. How freeing to trust in Him, do what He asks, and leave the results up to God. God has promised to take care of us and to work things for our good and I am standing on those promises.

Thanking the Lord for another day with my family. Thanking Him for His provision, His grace, His mercy, His compassion, His joy, His strength, His Word and His Presence. Without them I would be void of hope. And today I have hope and faith that I have not even begun to see what He has planned for me and my family. 2011 is going to be a year of new.

Isaiah 43:18-19Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old. Behold I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive it and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert

3 comments:

Learning 4 Life said...

Yay!!! Homeschooling is definitely a wonderful journey. And about the hubby's job...I hope it lands you close to me :-) You'll be in our prayers!!!

Mrs. Sofa said...

Great post. I've been thinking about you this week. It sure was hard to send my little man back to school after having him home for 2+ weeks...missed him SO much.
Glad things are going well and will keep you and the fam in my prayers.

tara m. said...

Amazing! I'm sure you will be a wonderful homeschooling mom. I'm excited for you and the family.