About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, January 24, 2011

I Was A Witness

Today I went to a wedding that in many ways was different than any other I had attended. The bride wore pink. It was thrown together in just a few weeks. The couple had their 3 sons standing up on stage with them. They both come from a different type of life than I have lived. But while I was sitting in that chair and watching a miracle unfold the Lord showed me that He is the Redeemer of all things.

I met this young lady over a year ago when she started attending our church with her grandmother. She brought her 3 sons and they are quite active, if you get my drift. Some Sundays as I taught their classes I thought I might just lose my mind. They tested my comfort zone and my standards of acceptable behavior. But without fail, their mom would bring them and over the past year I have seen the Lord work in a mighty way in these precious little boys.

Almost a year ago, while I was teaching these little boys about God and telling them about how much He loved them, their mother surrendered her life to the Lord in service. My hubby had tears in his eyes as he told me about it on the way home from church. What wonderful news!!!!

Over the past year, I have watched this young woman faithfully attend and bring her children, and then she was bringing her brother and sister in law, and friends. What God had done in her life was affecting those around her. So awesome!!!!

However, she had a sadness since she was coming alone, without her boyfriend and father of her children. She has stayed faithful and in faith, trusting that the Lord would do what He promised.

The first Sunday of January we had a guest speaker at church. Phenomenal message by the way!!! At the end of the sermon, this man walked up to this young woman and began to prophecy. He said to keep holding on and to keep trusting, that God was working, even if she couldn't see it.

The next Sunday her boyfriend came to church with her and received Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. Awesome again!!! Hallelujah!!!

The next Sunday there was a wedding anouncement posted in the foyer and they were inviting everyone to their wedding. What a sweet celebration!

So I sat in my seat and watched this new man in Christ see his friend and love of his life in a brand new light. He began crying when he saw her walking down the aisle. But the part that touched my heart most was that they both cried when Pastor began talking about the Lord and how He saw them. They might as well have been shining and glistening as they smiled at each other and cried.

I witnessed a miracle of God today. He has redeemed their lives just like He redeemed mine. He has made them one with each other in a way they didn't even know existed before they met God. And more importantly they are now one with Christ.

I went today to show support and to celebrate a new marriage but got my socks blessed off. God is so good. His Word does not return void. It will reap a harvest. And I feel so blessed to have been able to be a part of the miracle today.

I am so proud of them both and look forward to seeing what great things will come for Juan & Angela. Please praise the Lord with me and pray for them as well as they walk a new road together.

No comments: