About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My new Mantra

I am not sure even where I heard this but it struck a chord with me and has ignited something in me.

"It is so much better to be a first rate version of yourself than to be a second rate version of someone else".

I have found freedom in this phrase. Why do I spend so much time and energy trying to be like others when I should just relax, accept the person God created me to be and live my life allowing Him to mold me and bring out the beauty He sees when He looks at me. Always room for improvement but I should be who God created me to be, the best version of myself possible.

No comments: