About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

needing a breather

Finding myself in this moment feeling stressed and aggrivated. My chest is tight and I could probably cry at any moment. Nothing in particular wrong just a feeling. And when I get to feeling this way I usually try to breath out some of the stress. I guess I do it more often than I realized because my 5 year old was sitting at the bar eating a few days ago and his brother was bothering him. Instead of arguing with him or fussing back, I just saw him take a huge breath in and then blow it really slow out his mouth. He had to have seen me do that. Whoops!!

I am having an interesting time adjusting to this whole school thing. My big man is doing great and loves it. And it has been good for me to have something to do everyday and a certain time that it has to be done. But I feel like I haven't gotten to spend "family time" with my boys these last few weeks. He is busy with school during the week and the past 2 weekends we have had something to do each day of the weekend whether it was birthday parties or funerals or wedding showers. All these things are great and we have enjoyed them but I am wanting a day that we get to just veg out at home and just be together. Guess I should just get over it and be thankful for the time I do have. Lesson for today......God wants to squeeze the selfishness right out of me. It can't be about me all the time. Something to ponder today.

1 comment:

sofa said...

My kids 'uggghh' like I do :)
I'm glad I have you to share this school experience with...if not I would be a lot more anxious doing it alone.
We vegged out today. It was so nice to not be somewhere. hope you get your veg day soon!!