About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sin Trap

">

I usually refrain from writing about anything specific that is going on with me but today I feel as if I am going to burst wide open.

If you don't feel up to reading, then stop now.

But I am just wanting to put out there that I am so deeply saddened by the destructive wake that follows sin. There are some that would argue that there are varied degrees of sin and that some sin only affects the person committing it but I would like to argue that because God created us as relational human beings that everything we do or don't do ripples out to touch the lives of so many around us.

God must be so deeply saddened and dissapointed when we, as His children, willing walk away from His plans and purposes and walk into a lifestyle of sin. Especially when we try to justify it or pretend that there is nothing wrong with it at all. It states quite clearly in the Word of God that the wages of sin is death. And I have come to realize that you can be the living dead while still walking this earth.

Am I perfect? Absolutely not. Have I sinned? Absolutley yes. Will I sin again before I die? I am sure I will. Will I sin today? Probably so. But thank the Lord for his forgiveness and mercy that is available to all that will ask and receive. Do I want to sit in judgement of those that are living in continual sin? No. But I do want them to know the love, acceptance, forgiveness and life changing power of Jesus Christ. I am saddened by the condition of this world we live in. Where what we want is more highly esteemed than what we need or what our family, friends and communities want or need. Or putting our own desires (most of them fleshly) before the will of God.

Gods Word says to let peace rule your heart. If you do not have peace then most likely there is something in your life that should not be there. I have met people who walk around with such a peaceful countenance that it immediately puts others at ease. Then I have been around other people that seem to thrive on drama and the adrenaline rush of living a life on the edge. Living life the fullest is full of excitement and thrills but to live such a life without the peace of God is a symptom of something missing deep down.

I do not have all of this figured out at all. But I have witnessed a train wreck and it upsets me to see so many people that I love and care about hurting and walking around wounded. God has brought us through so much already in our brief time on this earth. And I know that He is faithful to walk us through this storm as well. The God I love and serve knows all about it and He has promised in Romans 8:28 that "We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.

I take this scripture to mean that not all things happen because it is the will of God. We all have a free will to do as we wish. And sometimes we choose things that are not Gods will. But God can and will work through the situation to produce fruit of some kind. Sometimes it is maturing in Christ. Sometimes it is a lesson learned. And it says that He will work it for "my" good. And Gods plans and purposes are always for my good. So any good that comes will not come apart from God and His desires for me.

I thank the Lord Jesus Christ that He did not give up when things seemed so hopeless and tragic. And I thank Him that He promises to walk me and so many I love dearly through this time. Thank you to all that have been and are continuing to pray.

4 comments:

Fearfully. Wonderfully. said...

that brought me to tears, because I - too have been a witness. Your words are so true, and I pray that God brings us all the peace and revelation that you wrote about.

You are wise beyond your years Ketura.

Love you

Learning 4 Life said...

I don't know what you are going through, but you will be in my prayers. That video sent chills down my spine because that's exactly what happened to my family. And your words do speak volumes... God bless you

Uncommon Blonde said...

Wow, sounds like you are walking through some heavy stuff. I will be praying. I am so thankful we have a loving heavenly father to see us through the hard times

Heather Kay said...

I was drawn to your site through a comment you left..loved the name Praise Junky! I had never seen this video but I have lived through this. My testimony is on my blog.