About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kind of like looking in windows....

Okay, my first passion in the R&R department is reading. But I am fast realizing that there is a close second. There was a time that I made fun of people that watched reality TV but I am having to eat my words now. The invention of the DVR has made it so much easier to watch numerous shows in half the time. So I have a confession to make....

Hi, my name is ___________ and I am a reality TV show addict.

I still feel silly and ashamed at times when I admit to it. Does watching the lives of other people make me a weirdo? I don't think so........it just means that I like to study human behavior, right? It amazes me how you can put grown adults with successful careers and families into a house and watch them regress into adolescent behavior right before your eyes. Or to watch a persons' life be forever changed by losing an enormous amount of weight. So, to make myself accountable I thought that I would list some of my favorites.

1. American Idol
2. Top Chef
3. Chopped
4. Big Brother
5. The Next Food Network Star
6. Survivor
7. Deadliest Catch (my hubbys influence)
8. Shear Genius
9. Hell's Kitchen
10. What Not To Wear

Just a few.....and I don't watch all of them all the time. Luckily for my time management most of these rotate throughout the year. ;)

And I am a complete sucker for an Americas Next Top Model marathon. You know what I am talking about......

I am sure that I have left a few off of the list.

Perhaps I am living vicariously through others, but I don't think so. I am just completely in awe that people knowingly and willingly sign up to have the worst of them broadcast for the world to see.

Ok, it is time for me to go get a life....

3 comments:

T.M. said...

I am guilty of too much House Hunters and House Hunters International and other such shows on HGTV. Not so bad except for when I start to feel jealous of what those people have (like vacation houses abroad).

Uncommon Blonde said...

I love reality tv too!! I watch Big Brother, Survivor, Whale Wars (it's fascinating - really), House Hunters, and of course The Bachelorette ...

Mrs. Sofa said...

I'm a junkie also. My DVR list is embarassing. My poor husband can barely watch his shows because some reality TV show is always recording.
I always get sucked into watching Deadliest Catch ;) Hubby's fave!