About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Supposed to be learning something?

Have you ever realized that "negative" things seem to happen in clusters? Well, I have. Things around here are actually getting a little comical. I have moved past frustration and dissapointment to delirious laughter. After all, if you can't laugh at yourself and your circumstances how else can you move on?

The air conditioner is still not working. The poor A/C man got it all repaired and then realized that the new motor was bad too. He is on his way to pick up another one. Go figure......LOL ;) Then he tells me that the entire unit is so old that is is costing us more to maintain it than to replace it. That is of course if you can afford to replace an entire unit, which we can't right now.....(grinnig uncontrollably now)

Speaking of old things, did I ever tell you that when we moved into this house that it had a home made septic tank? It didn't even have a bottom......I know, gross. We got upgraded and up to code. Then the heater, which used fuel oil, went out. Got that replaced too. We added a second bathroom 2 years ago too. So we are slowly but surely updating our lovely home. Hubby and I tease about finally getting everything updated just in time to move somewhere else. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

And remember that workshop I told you that we bought? We are going to have to pay to get it wired too. Anyone have a money tree that they aren't using? LOL

But all in all we are very blessed. We have a beautiful home that is ours (well as soon as we pay the bank of). We have a wonderful family. I absolutley LOVE where we live. Such a nice area. I have a loving, caring, compassionate hubby that adores me and works hard to make sure that we have what we need. We have 2 handsome, intelligent, sweet little boys that think we hung the moon. I am trusting the Lord for some new friends for hubby & I. Some of our other friends have moved on to other parts of the country. Still wonderful friends but it just isn't as convenient to invite then over for dinner at the last minute. ;)

But the biggest blessing of all is that we can lean on the Lord for everything we need. He is always faithful to provide and take care of us. He loves us and his mercies are new every morning. Knowing Jesus Christ puts everything into perspective.

So, while I am waiting for the A/C to be repaired I will sit with my fans blowing, thanking the Lord that we have a home, a family and that hubby has a job with which to pay for whatever may come.

Remember that every situation is either a test or a temptation. But it is how we respond that lets us know who won, God or the enemy. If we respond in faith and stand firm then it was a test that was passed.

2 comments:

sofa said...

turn a problem into an opportunity. easier said than done ;)

Learning 4 Life said...

Feeling your pain sister :) We've been "remodeling" our house for our entire 10 years of marriage, but that will just make you appreciate it so much more! I hope things cool off for you very soon! I'm even feeling your pain of friends moving away and missing that sweet fellowship... too bad we don't live closer ;) Love ya, girl, keep on smilin!