About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Friday, November 21, 2008

The Most Important Thing

So it is no secret that I have been feeling a bit blah lately. It had not occurred to me until this morning that I have been focusing on the wrong things. Funny how that happens. So I got up this morning (too early, thanks to my almost 2 year old) and drug around the house feeling totally uninspired. Then my oldest asked me to come and play with him and his brother. We had so much fun, laughing and laughing, them jumping on momma over and over agin. So, reminder #1 about what is important. My children and the joy they bring me and hubby. Then the phone rang. I have caller ID and normally don't answer the phone when I don't know the number. But I thought, "what the heck?" A voice on the other end started asking me about Jesus. He was very kind and shared scriptures about the hope we have in Jesus. The call did not last long when I assured him that I indeed know Jesus and was very aware of the hope he brings. Reminder #2 about what is important. In todays world when everyone is so self-focused (myself included) it was so refreshing to know that there are people out there that still care enough about others that they would call strangers to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. I do not know this mans theology and I don't need to. God used him this morning to remind me of His faithfulness and the hope I have in Jesus.

So here is what is important. #1 my realtionship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. #2 my family and the example I set for them. #3 sharing the love of Christ with others. When these get out of line or forgotten you end up out of whack, self-centered and miserable.

So thank you Lord for loving me enough to arrange all of that this morning. Your grace, mercy and compasion never cease to amaze me.

2 comments:

T.M. said...

I read your blog this morning before I left the house and it popped back in my head when I picked up the kids this afternoon. I took them to the playground and played with them and then we watched a movie, popcorn, hot choc. this evening because I remember what you said. :)

KT said...

thanks for the awesome reminder!