About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Mule Day Update - for those that care

Saturday was Mule Day. I was up and outside freezing my tail off before dawn. Since we live so close we park cars in our yard for a small financial donation (nice way of saying that we charge people 5 bucks to park in our yard). We made over $500 so it was worth it. And I didn't even cross the street to take part in the festivities. It is always to odd to me that all year long we live in quiet solitude and then for one week a year it is like living in the middle of Disney World. But it has funded my Christmas and birthday fund for this year.

I am off this afternoon to Pensacola. My brother and sister in law are going to have their first little boy Isaak tomorrow. I know some of you keep up with their story on their blog but for those that don't........ Amick and Christy have been praying and trusting the Lord for this little miracle and they are so close to holding him and loving on him. Please pray for an easy labor and delivery for Christy. And please pray that the Lord would surround them with Christian doctors and nurses and that the arrival of Isaak would be a witness to all that meet him and his parents. I am already so proud of them and I cannot wait to see the little family together. Thank you for your prayers for them and please pray that we will travel safely.

5 comments:

Heather Suber said...

Is Christy in the hospital? My best friend Christina just went in the hospital last night! How exciting! I am sorry that I missed Mule Day this year...:(

T.M. said...

My mom said she saw you Sat. :)
Safe travels and prayers for an easy delivery.

KT said...

Daang!! Way to get some cash!! HOw nice!
I'll be praying for Baby Isaak and momma!! How exciting! Can't wait to see pics!

Uncommon Blonde said...

That was a profitable morning! I wish I could do that :) Congrats to all on baby Isaak

Aelon said...

That's crazy about the cash...too bad Mule Day is only once a year...best wishes for baby Isaak:)