About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

LOVE

As I was cleaning out my closet I came across a little book that guests wrote advice in at my bridal shower over 8 years ago. And as I was flipping through it I saw this in an entry. I thought I would share.


Ten commandments of love


Thou shalt put thy mate before thy mother, father, son, and thy daughter, for thy mate is thy life long companion

Abuse not thy body with excessive food, tobacco, or drink, that thy days may be many and healthful in the presence of thy loved ones

Permit neither thy career nor thy hobby to make of thee a stranger to thy children, for the most precious gift a parent giveth his or her family is time

Forget not the virtue of cleanliness

Make not thy mate a beggar, but willingly share with thy mate thy worldly goods

Forget not to say, “I love you” even though thy love may be constant, thy mate doth yearn to hear those words

Remember that the approval of thy mate is worth more than the admiring glances of a hundred strangers, so cleave unto thy mate, and forsake all others

Keep thy home in good repair, for out of it cometh the joys of old age

Forgive with grace. For who among us does not need to be forgiven?

Honor the lord thy god all the days of thy life, and thy children will rise up and call thee blessed

2 comments:

KT said...

I love this, thank you for sharing!

Shell said...

That is really good advise. Thank you for posting that. We are about to celebrate #7 in Sept.