About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Friday, August 1, 2008

God, give me happiness

I was reading a book yesterday and there was a quote in the very back. Sorry if I can't remember it perfectly but roughly it read:

"Lord, give me happiness.
The Lord answered, "NO, I have given you many blessings,
it is up to you to choose to be happy about them.""


It is funny how something so simple and small can speak volumes when it is relevant to what your are already feeling. It has been no secret that I have been in what my family calls a "funk" lately. I have been restless, discontent, unhappy, unsettled, the list goes on and on. But the past few days I have been searching the Lord about it all. And I realized that all of the things I have been feeling do not come from my loving, gracious, forgiving, compassionate, merciful, kind, and unchanging Father. I have been focusing on the storms swirling around me when I should have been looking up to Jesus.

So, today I choose to fix my eyes on Jesus and all He has in store for me. For only He knows what I need, where He is taking me, what He wants to do in me, and how He is going to accomplish it all. I feel such a peace knowing that I don't have to take care of it, all I have to do is trust in Him, His plan, and be obedient to do what He asks of me.

So, to anyone else out there that is struggling with similar feelings, please join me as we lean on our Father and Savior. He can handle whatever it is we are facing. And lets pray for one another, for there is power in the prayer of agreement.

4 comments:

T.M. said...

You know I've been in a funk. I love your perspective. What book were you reading?

Uncommon Blonde said...

This was me until last weekend. Once I really turned it over to God, I felt so much better and things have actually been getting better in certain areas. It's amazing what God does when we trust in him! Glad you are feeling more encouraged.

crazymommyofthree said...

I needed this...thank you for sharing!!

crazymommyofthree said...

By the way, I like the new set up on here...it's peaceful!!