About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Would you answer the Ad?

So I was browsing through some blogs today and had this random thought about "Want Ads" and would I answer the ad for my job? You know the one that I have right now? The whole mommy thing....so I decided to write out what the ad would actually look like.

WANTED: a multi-tasker that is not afraid of hard work. Must be able to do laundry, clean the house, wash the dishes, supervise children, talk on the phone, answer e-mails, read stories, wipe hineys, break up fights, turn down the TV, make the beds, organize the house, hang blinds, fold laundry, grocery shop, take kiddos to the park, kiss little boys after they hurt themselves, cook dinner, meal plan, pay bills, play the piano, sing for the fun of it, dust, babysit nephews, make bread, unload dishwasher, make hubbys lunch, be supportive of ideas and dreams of sons and husband, express love, exercise patience, be available 24/7, must be tolernant of using your body as a jungle gym for children and feeling like velcro. Must be able to prioritize so that you can fit your devotional time into your day somehow. Must be willing to pray for the children and hubby. Probably won't get more than 90 seconds at a time to yourself, even to use the bathroom. Must be able to teach and show enthusiasm for learning. Must be willing to admit when you are wrong and when you just don't know. Skilled at spot removal and use of tools is helpful. BENEFITS include: leaving the house some days to realize that you only put on half your make-up, knowing everynight that no matter how hard you worked to get everything done that you will wake up to find something you missed. Getting to see the moment your child "gets it" and knowing that you are blessed to share with them everything you feel is important. Getting to know the children and seeing them develop into the unique people God created. Quality time with the family. Having the boys climb up in my lap (or wap) and kiss me and tell me that they love me. Knowing that it won't be more than 15 minutes until someone is touching me and wanting hugs. Seeing the hubbys face when he walks in and smells his favorite meal cooking. Being available for heart to heart talks with all 3 of the men in my house. Getting to see all that God is doing in their lives and mine. Priceless!!!

So, yes I would totally answer the Ad. What would your ad look like?

2 comments:

lam324 said...

Totally!!! The benefits package far out weighs the duties list!

Learning 4 Life said...

LOVE this post :-) My ad would be very similar... and yes, I would apply for the job!!!