About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Chicken

Alright I have to say right off the bat that I am a little weird. I know that about myself and am embracing it. But I really cannot stand cooking chicken. I LOVE eating chicken but preparing it grosses me out. Today is the first time that I have attempted to cook a whole chicken. I thought that the insides were already taken out. WRONG!! Yuck! Then they have all of these warnings about sanitizing EVERYTHING that came in contact with the chicken. Yeah, that is what I want to think about when I am trying to eat my dinner. As a rule I don't enjoy handling any kind of meat but chicken is just gross. But it does taste so tasty when it is done. Chicken is actually my favorite meat to eat. I just wish I didn't have to be the one to cook it. So is that random enough for you?

3 comments:

T.M. said...

You're funny. Prepare the chicken in the sink and you'll only have to clean the sink after!

babycick said...

I love chicken too but I hate touching it. I really hate to touch any kind of raw meat. I've thought about using disposable gloves.

Shell said...

I had no idea you have not cooked whole chicken before today. I need to send you my favorite ways to prepare chicken.

Yes and try some gloves it will help.