About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

chicken update

The chicken turned out alright. I mistakenly roasted it upside down. oops...... But it did make for nice moist breasts. It looked very nice coming out of the oven and tasted fine too. Not sure I will use that recipe again. Just didn't have much flavor. And since there was alot less meat on there than I had thought I will probably stick to my chicken breast recipes. But any recipes that you have to share would be appreciated. And I wille be going to buy some gloves for meat preparation.

sooooooo, onto more exciting things. Well, maybe not exciting but different. It is still raining around here. At least we haven't had the surprise snow storms or tornados. So I am thankful.

Well, I think that is about all. Have a good day and stay dry.

4 comments:

Mrs. Sofa said...

I need to get some gloves too! Why I haven't thought of that before???
I don't like handling any meat and preparing it makes me not want to eat it. I just put whole chickens in the crock pot, cover with some butter, salt and pepper. The family eats it like that or I use it for another dish. It's my preferable way to cook chicken. I can handle cooked chicken much better than uncooked.

T.M. said...

I saw red all over the map around you guys for today. Stay safe!

PraiseJunky said...

hmmmm, never even thought about putting a whole chicken in the crockpot. thanks sofa!

KT said...

Not a fan of the hwole chicken either....
Glad yours turned out ok!