About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fried Brain

I have just not been in the mood to blog. It isn't like I don't have material for one. It just doesn't come out right. Or maybe my brain is fried. My two year old has officially entered that phase of the Terrible Twos. It isn't every day but he is noticably whinier, more aggressive, etc. And the fact that he copies everything that his brother does now has him complaining of little scrapes and bumps. He is my tough guy and never usually even noticed when he got hurt so this is really driving me crazy.

I do have a funny story. The other night I was putting the boys in the bath and the youngest was already in the tub playing in the bubbles while the older one got undressed. When the Big boy got in he got all excited and said. "BUBBLES!!, brother mind if I have a few?" It made me smile that he was using such a grown up phrase in context. For those of you who haven't spent time with my oldest son.....he is a talkaholic. Always talking, all the time, everywhere. Now he is whisting, quite well I might add, when he isn't talking or singing.

The other night he was saying his prayers and told Jesus that he loved Him and that could he please tell momma to not make him clean his room.
He has a way with words. I pray that the Lord will get that channeled in the right direction so that the Lord will be glorified. On a humorous note, he would be one relentless telemarketer....LOL

I am not an outdoorsy kind of girl. My hubby loves the outdoors and goes into DT's if not outside for enough time every day. But lately I have been thinking that I might like a garden. I would like to have vegetables outside my door to be able to cook. Granted, I do not want the responsiblity of putting in the garden, or planting it, or watering it, or weeding it. I just want the veggies and fruit. So I am guessing that I will not get one this year.

And one last thought......I HATE ALLERGIES!!!

2 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

What a cute little talker you have! You'll definitely have to save those phrases to share with him when he's all grown up. I'm with you on the veggies, I want the fresh goods but I don't want to actually do the work ;)

Mrs. Sofa said...

I want a garden too!!! I don't mind doing a little work. I hear it's a fun activity to get the kids involved too.