About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Who knew I had so much crap...

I thought packing to move would be an easy thing accomplished in a few hours.....hahaha...guess the joke is on me. I did not know how much stuff we accumulated over the last 11 years of marriage.

I am not one that holds on to things and refuses to let them go and I knew that I had been purging unwanted/unused items along the way. But what I discovered when it came time to put it all into boxes surprised me. What has surprised me more is this gnawing feeling that I would rather give most of it away than box it up and store it in the garage 1200 miles away. Apparently my hubby has had the same brilliant thought too. He has decided that we should sell our obscenely humongous projection TV and the surrounding entertainment center. I know that this doesn't mean much to you guys but my hubby "needed" that TV before he would even discuss children. It has been THAT important. So I am going to sell it and put the profit toward a newer, much more space friendly model that hangs on the wall. I cannot tell you how excited I am to see the TV go. Yeehaw!!! Anyone want to buy it????

Another thing I have discovered about myself is that I am a book-aholic. I love books!!! And I have difficulty parting with them, even if I have read them 20 times. Actually the times read directly correlates with the value assessed. It is an obsession apparently. But I guess I could be collecting worse things. And I did manage to thin the numbers a bit while packing. I decided to take the approach that if I have owned it for 5 or more years and haven't read it, then I probably won't and should therefore give it to someone else.

On an entirely unrelated note, my youngest had his booster shots yesterday. RIP MY HEART OUT!!! Poor guy has a limp today from his sore thighs, where they stabbed him with 5, yes I said 5, needles. He was so brave but the crocodile tears streaming down his adorably handsome face was rough for me. Did I mention that I have the 2 most beautiful boys in the world???? I do, really. It is a proven fact. Trust me on this one. Oh, and my 3 nephews are right there with them. Such sweetness and handsomeness should be illegal. But so glad it is not because all 5 are PRECIOUS!!! You should see them. 

For some reason I am feeling quite silly today. Silly and giddy. Makes me want to drive to California to where we had the best playground down the road from our house. The entire thing was made of concrete. It was great. You could take a piece of cardboard and slide down the enormous slide. And if you didn't have cardboard you shouldn't slide.......well, it's concrete...what do you think would happen to your jeans and skin without it???  So much fun!!!!! Wish I was 7 years old again.

http://youtu.be/iOoq1oAvpYE - a disclaimer- this is not me but it shows the concrete slide. awesome!!! Wish everyone could go to Cheese Park with me.
Have a Cheese Park kind of day today!!!!

No comments: