About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Bathroom

****Update- when I reference "we" in the posts about the renovation I mean me, hubby and my mom. She is so talented and we couldn't have done it all without her help.***


Here are some pics of the bathroom before. I am terrible about remembering to photograph projects so these don't really show the magnitude of how weird it was.

When you walked into the bathroom the toilet was right inside the door to the left. Right next to the toilet was a tiny pedestal stink. And then there was a wall right next to it that was the end of the shower. It was all crowded onto one wall. There were some built in shelves as you came into the door on the right. Not the best layout at all.







We ripped everything out all the way back to the studs. We even took the floor out down to the joists. When my hubby ripped the tub out (which was an ancient fiberglass unit) we found that they had covered up a window. Yippee!!

We redesigned the entire layout of the room. Moved plumbing, added electric, put up and finished sheetrock, painted, put in the bathtub and vanity and toilet. We are very pleased with ourselves. Especially the part where we saved a ton of money by doing most of it ourselves. We hired out the electric and some of the plumbing. But everything else we did. It isn't decorated yet and the shower curtain isn't up. But you can get the idea.



The view from the doorway.




Okay I am having some issues uploading the pics. I will try again tomorrow with more pics.

6 comments:

T.M. said...

Wow, it's beautiful! You guys are awesome!

Nancy said...

I know that was a major remodel, but looks well worth the hassel. It looks beautiful, and I love the blue. Double sinks are the best!!

Learning 4 Life said...

Looks great! Yay for you :-) It's so nice one a big project like that is complete!

kpjara said...

It looks awesome! Very fresh!

Mrs. Sofa said...

looks great!

Uncommon Blonde said...

WOW! I am impressed. I love it all - mirror, tile, paint. Looks great!