About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Some Randomness

Well I have yet to come up with a cohesive thought which to build a blog post around so I thought that I would throw out some random "stuff" that is floating about my cranium.

Our garden is doing quite well. We have been eating sweet corn, okra and squash. Yummo!!! Nothing better than eating fried squash and fried okra that grew in your own yard. The carrots and watermelons are still percolating so we will be enjoying them later in the summer. I hope to have a much larger garden next year. My hubby is so proud of it. As am I, of course. But he has been doing all of the work. I am just reaping the benefits. That is unless you consider picking the veggies and cooking them work. In that case, I guess we are equal partners. LOL

The astronomically high temperatures are about on my last nerve. Thank the Lord for A/C. And I hear myself whining about it a good bit and saying things like " I would rather be cold than hot anyday." And today I can say that honestly. But then when wintertime rolls around I say the opposite " I would rather be hot than cold anyday". Hmmmmmmm, I must be a woman. ;) But it all honesty the heat would not be so unbearable if I was sitting in the middle of a pool all day everyday. That is not a bad idea. I need to get on that one.

My house redecorating is still not done. So that is the reason that I have not posted pictures......well, that and the fact that I am r-e-a-l-l-y bad about remembering to upload them to the computer. I am hoping that it will be somewhat completed soon and then maybe I will post some pics. Maybe.

I got a new Bible and I am completely stoked about it. (Whoa, I think my brain did a time travel trip to the days I read The Sweet Valley Twins) Like, totally. Speaking of California.....I wanna take a trip out there soooooo bad. Anyway, back to the Bible. It is an Amplified Bible and I love how it expounds on the scriptures to make it easier to understand. My mother in law got it for me for my birthday. So thoughtful!!!

Okay, I have to be honest here.........I did start working out. Well, it has now been 12 days since then and I have officially worked out on 2 of those days. I know, I know, I fell off the wagon early. So there is a very good chance that the 30 Day Shred with Jillian may turn out to be 30 WEEK Shred. (note to self......*must work on self-discipline*) :)

My two little guys are not so little any more. Everyday they just amaze and surprise me with all that they are learning and doing. And it is a good thing that Pierce is younger and smaller than Reid. If it were the other way around poor Reid would be getting his booty kicked all the time. Reid is so sensitive and cerebral. Pierce is raw energy and aggression. Should be fun to watch as they grow. And I love to watch them together when they don't know I am watching. They have such a sweet close brotherly relationship. I hope that they are always close.

Reid is completely addicted to the old school Nintendo. He lives everyday to get to play it with his daddy when he comes home from work. It is a "guys time" and I love watching them together. And who knew that the Nintendo could help me in teaching Reid about behavior and consequences.......its working.

So Fathers Day is tomorrow. My hubby has asked for Steaks and crab legs.......so today I am on the hunt for some bargains. He is totally worth full price surf and turf but mama loves a bargain.

So I know that this has all been very random but that is what is going on with me today. Thank you for everyone that has been praying. I have felt the prayers and I know that I am loved by so many people. Thank you so much!!! Please don't quit.

Have a wonderful Saturday and a wonderful Fathers Day weekend.

2 comments:

photochick said...

So did you cook surf and turf or go out? You've got me curious! :-)

Mrs. Sofa said...

my hubby would love to have surf and turf every night!! I wouldn't dare attempt to cook it.

aren't garden's fun. i think the kids are enjoying seeing the result more than us. nice having free, organic food too. we hope to do one every year now, if only for the kids enjoyment.