About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Feelings

Feelings betray us. They set us up and then drop us on our faces. They are ever changing and not to be trusted. But oh how they are powerful. They scream to be heard and refuse to be ignored. They leave you feeling wrung out, disappointed and inadequate. Or perhaps the opposite, they make you feel important and on top of the world. But regardless of where you find yourself standing, they will soon change and take you on the emotional roller coaster yet again.

Today I am feeling like a failure, like I can't do anything right, like I am not making any real progress, that my life is somehow insignificant and that I am ruining the lives of those around me. I realize on an intellectual level that this is not truth, that these are simply reactionary feelings to current life circumstances, but they are still real thoughts and feelings. They are defeating thoughts, thoughts to keep me paralyzed and stuck instead of moving forward. 

Praying today to the God who sees me (Genesis 16:13), who formed me (Psalm 119:73), and has a plan and a purpose for me (Jeremiah 29:11).  A plan to mature me (Hebrews 6: 1-2), to use me (Isaiah 6:8),  to refine me (I Peter 1:7), to transform my mind (Romans 12:2), and give me a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

I am who He says I am.


No comments: