About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Needing to Reflect On This Today

The Serenity Prayer


God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
As it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him
Forever and ever in the next. 
Amen.
 
serenity (plural serenities)
  1. The state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness.
  2. A lack of agitation or disturbance.
  3. A title given to a reigning prince or similar dignitary.
Feeling an angst inside that I can't quite put a finger on. Knowing that the only thing that will help is the Presence and peace of God. Praying for wisdom, clarity and strength today. When I look around me I see so many blessings and I know that the way I feel is not of the Lord. On a day that it would be easy to just pull the covers back up over my head, I am choosing instead to walk forward and seek the One with the answers. Praying today for all the mommas, wives, grandmas, sisters, daughters that are having a difficult day too. 

No comments: