About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Arms of Jesus

I have been hesitant about sharing this but today I feel like God wants someone else to know what I know. So here goes....

Sunday morning the family & I went to church like every other Sunday morning. Amazingly the morning was calm and we got out the door on time. And let me tell you....that is something that hardly ever happens.  So while we were driving we prayed and thanked the Lord for the day and asked Him to be with us as we worshipped and met with other believers. (side note.....such a wonderful feeling to hear your children pray that prayer) We arrived and joined the rest of the praise team in practice, prayer and preparation for service.

Service began and we sang several songs and prayed and entered into worship. We were on the 4th song, Your Great Name by Natalie Grant and I began feeling like I was on fire. I have had the feeling several other times and it usually associated with a prophetic word. I began to feel so overwhelmed and like I was coming unhinged. I began praying about whether I was to open my mouth to speak aloud. About this time the entire congregation was singing "Jesus" over and over and over. I closed my eyes and saw Jesus....guess you could say it was a vision. Had never had one before so was new to me. But in my vision I saw Jesus walking amongst the people and drawing close to them, leaning in, drinking in the sound of His name pouring from their hearts, spirits and lips. He was touching them, leaning over them, and smiling so big that He looked like He might laugh out loud. He would touch one and then walk to another. The heart cry of His people singing His Name, Jesus had drawn Him into their presence and He was ready and available to meet needs, offer healing, comfort, provision and love. I was so overwhelmed that I found it difficult to breathe. I feel so blessed to have seen that. It is something that I will never forget. My Jesus is just waiting on me to invite Him to make a difference in my life. He draws pleasure from my calling on Him. He is not inconvenienced and too busy or waiting for me to do all the "stuff" before I call on Him. He just wants me to call on Him. His name, Jesus, is above any other name. He is everything I need. He is my Source, my Deliverer, my Provider, my Healer, my Father. He is waiting for us to call on Him, invite Him in and let Him put His arms around us and give us what we stand in need of today.

No matter where you are, what you have done, what you need, just call on Him. He is waiting.
Be blessed!

No comments: