About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Wall Coming Down

There are times in our lives that we get a feeling that something is just around the corner. Perhaps it starts out as a feeling of anticipation or maybe nervousness. But regardless of how it begins it starts to grow. The only way I can really explain it is to liken it to pregnancy. It starts as an egg and then through time and nurturing the baby grows and matures and we give birth, not to an unformed thing but to a fully developed person.

I believe that sometimes God works the same way in our lives. He will plant the seed of a dream in our hearts. However, we can choose whether to nurture the seed or starve it. Our choice, all ours.

I know that there are many dreams in me, they have been there for a long time, but I have allowed so many distractions to starve them. I have longed to truly develop my giftings but fear has kept me paralyzed. I have longed for deep relationships but fear of rejection and the tendency to compare has left me lonely. I have dreamed of writing but poor time management has left me with no time.  I desire to write songs but I haven't cultivated the areas of my life that would enable to do it well. I see things around me every day where I know that I could make a difference but I have not been bold.

As I look back at my life I can see the walls I have built around myself. Walls that I thought would protect me from hurt and disappointment but instead they have isolated me and held me captive.

BUT I feel a change coming. I am no longer content with things the way they are. I am experiencing a new relationship with my Father God. I am seeing who He is through His Word. I have a new hunger for His Word and for His presence. I know that He is blowing the dust off of me and calling me higher. He is igniting new passions and relighting the fires of my dreams. I feel a change in the air. And what's more, I am seeing the walls come down, brick by brick. He is exposing the lies I have believed and showing me truth, His truth, who He says I am. He is redefining me through His identity. I am excited and expectant. I am experiencing a new freedom.

Guess what? I don't have to be liked by everyone. I am loved by Christ. I don't have to please men. I am loved by God. I am called to love Him and please Him and glorify Him, not men. I am to love my neighbor but I am not called to please them. It's ok if they don't agree with me. The only one I need to agree with is my Savior Jesus Christ. He is my example. And while He walked the earth, most folks didn't like Him, didn't agree with Him, and they certainly didn't understand most of what He said and did.  But He walked out His calling anyway. He loved. He walked in love, spoke with love, with compassion and loved even to the point of sacrifice but He did not seek to please.

The winds of change are blowing and I am excited. I am expectant at what God is doing in me and my family.  The time is now to step out and walk in what God is calling me to do, whatever that is each day and in each moment.

"I'm no longer a slave to fear, I am a child of God."

My new song of declaration!!! Bethel- No Longer Slaves

No comments: